Friday, April 21, 2006

A New Owner?


I've been sitting in this carport for over a year and a half and the most exciting thing that's happened to me is a squirrel dying on the ground underneath me. It's just past dusk, and I hear the sound of a car in the driveway. Like a hundred other disappointing times, I know that I'll be ignored again. Suddenly, the gate opens and headlights are shining on my dusty rear. Footsteps approach, my driver's door opens, and a flashlight shines on my bright red interior. I look so dusty and smell so musty. Hopefully this guy can see past that.

I've run out of patience with my current owner. I'm sure he's busy with other stuff, but I certainly hate being ignored for so long. So maybe I'll be sold again. This time to someone who's going to get me back on the road.

This guy opens my engine and trunk lids, takes a bunch of pictures, closes everything up, and leaves.