Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Carpet And A Bunch Of Other Stuff Installed

Last Saturday, Ariel and Tom COMPLETELY filled all rear window cavities with silicone and replaced the chrome trim AGAIN. They installed the heater seals and grates, and the fresh air grates. They also glued in the front carpet piece. Here's a picture of Tom hard at work installing the grommet that fits over my hi-beam switch.
















Yesterday, they put in the rear carpet piece (mostly glued in) and punched all the holes for the seat and seatbelt bolts.

Here's the carpet partially installed.










They put the front seats in and bolted down the front seatbelts. They also installed the new speakers Ariel got from Santa with new larger gauge speaker wire, and then they started me up for the first time in nearly two months (since my leaky gas tank incident). Here's a picture of the speakers while they were being built.

This morning Tom installed the last pieces of my front windshield trim and then he cut and riveted in a couple pieces of sheetmetal to replace rusted metal where the rear heater doors go. He installed the rear heater doors and replaced the brake switch that he'd broken when he reinstalled my rebuilt master cylinder. I felt badly since he took the one off of Lucy (his red Corvair and my garage-mate), but now I figure she'll get a new one when it's her time to be put on the road.