Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Running Well, Heating Well, & Leaking Still

The carburetor work Tom did last week has got me running as good as ever. Nice, smooth idle and no dying at stoplights.

Last Saturday they got my heating system working correctly by installing the thermostats that control the opening of the rear shroud doors. Closed doors (which they haven't been) cause the engine to heat up faster and direct MUCH more air into the passenger compartment.

It's been raining here, and even though my defroster is working better than it has in years, I continuously have lots of moisture on the inside of my windows. This is due, in large part, to the leaky rear window seal STILL allowing water to seep in. Ariel and her dad have me drying out in the heated garage so that Tom can apply more butyl rubber sealant tonight.