Friday, April 21, 2006

I Run

It's a beautiful day. The sun's shining and I've just been visited again. The guy that took the pictures the other night has returned and he's brought two girls with him. The older one checks me out and seems real excited. When the guy, who turns out to be her dad, asks her, "Ariel, what do you think," she replies, "I like it." The next thing I know Ariel's dad has installed a battery and she's turning my key. My engine spins a bit until gas flows into my carburetors and then I'm running. I sound good through my dual glasspack mufflers. There's a problem with one of my carburetors, so I don't idle well, but Ariel's dad says he can fix that. Ariel shuts me off and I hear her dad telling my owner, "We'll be buying it to restore together. A father-daughter project. When we're done, the car will be hers" How exciting, I'm getting a new owner.