Friday, April 21, 2006

Moving Day


It's been a couple of weeks, but today's the day I go to my new home. Ariel, her dad, and her grandfather arrive with a tow dolly. I'm pushed out of my carport and onto the dolly. Ariel's dad checks my transmission fluid level, attaches the safety chains, and tightens the straps that hold my wheels to the dolly. Then we're on our way. It only takes about a half hour to get to my new home. I'm unloaded, and the first thing Ariel does is give me a much-needed bath. Here I am, shiny again. I do look sharp with my chrome trim and wire wheel covers.

As I'm drying off, Ariel's dad returns with a surprise. He'd also bought the sibling of mine that my previous owner had. I wait patiently while Ariel's youngest sister gives that car, a red '63 Corvair coupe, its bath.

After that car is moved into the garage, I get pushed in next to her.