Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Still Leaking After All These Fixes

Ariel and Tom tested their attempts to fix my window and door leaks and found that they have been unsuccessful. It's time to spend the $130 on weatherstripping because they can't go any further on the interior until I stop letting the rain in. The order goes in with Clark's Corvair Parts today and the rear window comes out as soon as possible so that any rust in the opening can be dealt with before the parts show up.

On the positive side, it looks like the gas tank has stopped leaking.

They also removed my driver's door to repair my loose front hinges. They got the top one off easily, but one of the Phillips-head screws on the bottom hinge is so stuck that they broke a bit trying to break it loose. Tom sprayed some penetrating fluid all over it and will give it a couple of days to do its thing. Tom also hooked up my old Kraco radio and found that both it and the speakers work fine. He bought a new in-line fuse to replace the missing one, so I should have tunes again quite soon.