Friday, April 06, 2007

Still Blowing Fuses

Tom was back out in the garage last night trying to cross more items off of my To Do list. The first thing he tried to do was to figure out why I keep blowing the heater fan fuse. He cleaned the contacts in the fuse box and put in a new 10 amp fuse. He set the switch on low and the fan ran for about three seconds before the fuse blew. He checked to make sure that there wasn't a direct short to ground through the circuit, and found that the resistance was 2 ohms with the switch in the any of the three speed positions. That seems low, so it looks like my blower motor is shot.

After that he finished pressing in my new Pittman arm bushing using some newly machined spacers. Then he put back the interior pieces he'd removed when adjusting my driver's door. Finally, he took a razor blade and scraped the excess RTV from the back window glass and trim. I'm ready for the road again.