Monday, January 21, 2008

No CO / Flipping a Fanbelt

The new exhaust gaskets showed up in the mail Friday, so that night Tom installed them. Before reinstalling the bottom engine shrouds, he started me up to check for leaks. Feeling no blowing air from places that shouldn’t, he put me all back together. Ariel drove me around Saturday and never got a reading above zero on the CO detector. One of the first things she told her dad upon arriving back home was, "Dad, I was stopped at a stop light, and I couldn't hear my car." Guess I won't be setting off any more car alarms :-(

With that problem solved, I decided I needed to bother them one more time. As Ariel was entering traffic on the interstate, I flipped my fanbelt off causing the GEN/PRES light to illuminate on the dash. Ariel immediately pulled on to the shoulder and shut off my engine. She called Tom and he drove out and installed my spare fanbelt with Ariel holding the work light for him. Neither of them were happy with me. Oh well, an old car’s gotta’ have its moments.