Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Race Car Days Are Over

While patching my floor, Ariel and her dad had only installed my driver's seat. With my LOUD exhaust, no carpeting and only the one seat, I really felt like a race car. Well, as of last night when Ariel's dad installed my passenger seat, that dream has ended. After that, he went and picked up Ariel from work. She was so excited. Her dad offered to let her drive, but she didn't have her permit. I was excited to hear her say, "I love my car. It is so cool!"

Also yesterday, Ariel's dad had a fun experience. He had just turned into our neighborhood when the truck behind him started flashing his lights. After pulling over to the curb, the guy jumped out of his truck and came up to us and started gushing about what a really, REALLY nice car I was. He apologized for bothering us, but he just had to have a closer look and to tell Ariel's dad what a great job he was doing on restoring me.