Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Little Things

The last couple of evenings Tom has addressed some issues. Both of my so-called mufflers (glass-packs without the glass?) were loose, my dash lights weren't coming on, and my driver's door still didn't want to close easily. He removed the two loose clamps, cleaned them up and re-installed them with a generous amount of anti-seize. Some scraping of corrosion and an application of di-electric grease on the fuse and my dash lights are good-to-go. He made another adjustment of my latch plate that seemed to help.

While he was under the dash he hooked up my replacement heater blower motor through the fan switch. I worked great and didn't blow any fuses. If there's no shorts in the wiring back to the fan, it looks like the new motor will fix that problem.