Monday, May 01, 2006

I've Been Driven

Finally!!! Ariel and her dad came out and worked on me, and I rewarded them by moving in and out of the garage under my own power.

Sunday afternoon they came out to the garage and installed one of my heater hoses. In order to do that, though, they had to remove my starter first. After they installed my new carburetors, hooked up my battery, and sprayed a bit of carb. cleaner down into my venturis, Ariel turned the key and I started right up. Ariel's dad noticed that the exhaust from my right side tailpipe wasn't hot, so he checked the carburetor on that side and found that no fuel was getting out. He took out the filter and reinstalled it correctly, and I ran even better. They took me down off the jackstands, and Ariel drove me out of the garage. Ah, the light of day. Now that they now I'll behave for them, maybe they'll take me out for a spin around the block.