Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Time To Catch Up

I've been on the road so much lately, that I've neglected my blog. This will catch you up.

The transmission in Tom's Mazda was replaced, but he was still having problems, so I've been his daily driver for most of the last month. I've not given him any problems except for an intermittent desire to not start (turn the key and I won't crank so Tom installed a hotwire in the engine compartment to bypass the ignition switch). I finally was driven in the rain and made Tom aware of a touchy right rear brake (makes for exciting wet-weather driving) and multiple water leaks.

I'm back up on jackstands in the garage and Tom spent some time addressing my leaks yesterday. He also wirebrushed the inside floor where the rear seat sits and the two air ducts that also sit in that area. He drilled two additional holes for mounting rear seatbelts. He removed my trunk seal and brushed out the channel. All in preparation for a serious session with POR-15. He also re-installed my wipers so that they only wipe the windshield and he unstuck my passenger door latch so the button will open the door.