Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hey There, I'm Over Here

Ariel's dad was out in the garage last night rummaging through his tool chest. I thought that he was going to give me the tune-up I need, but no. He had another car to work on. The nerve.

I recently found out that there's another Corvair in the family. Ariel's big sister has got a '64 Convertible. Here's a picture.


They've discovered some more of my history. Originally I had what is called a road draft tube that vented my crankcase gases to the outside. In 1963, GM replaced that setup with a PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) setup that sent the gases back into one of the air cleaners through a PCV valve. One of my previous owners took parts off of a 1963 engine and updated me with a PCV setup. Or, and they've still got to figure this out, maybe I don't have my original engine anymore. More sleuthing for them.