Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Back & Forth, Back & Forth

I'm getting close to being on the road again. Last night Ariel's dad adjusted my dwell, timing, and idle mixture and speed and took me for a drive - up and down our driveway, again and again. During our time together he discovered some possible issues with me. First, my transmission is a little hesitant, both shifting into gear and staying there under low rpm. Hopefully, just exercising me will fix that. Second, my headlights and taillights don't work. When he pulled on the headlight switch the only light that came on was the one over the license plate. I'm sure that he'll pull the bulbs and make sure that they're good before getting too excited. Third, my GEN/FAN light stays on a lot when I'm idling. I'm hoping that he cleans my generator's electrical connections before he decides to replace my generator.